A lovely Sunday spent cooking and adapting recipes for gluten and dairy intolerance. Here’s the recipe:
3 ripe bananas
150 g light brown sugar (or a substitute) Experiment if you don’t have a sweet tooth.
125mls sunflower oil
3 large organic eggs
225 grams of gluten free flour (I used Doves Farm white bread flour)
1teaspoon of gluten free baking powder
30mls of coconut milk
1) Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180 degrees centigrade. Oil and line the base of a loaf tin.
2) Put the sugar into a mixing bowl and using an electric handheld blender whisk in the oil, coconut milk and then the eggs, one by one.
3) Sift the flour and baking powder and mix in. Mash the bananas and stir in.
4) Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for about 40 minutes. Test the loaf is cooked by inserting a skewer at various points. It will come out clean when the bread is cooked. Cool for 10 minutes and then tip onto a wire rack and leave to cool after peeling the lining off
5) Cut into slices and enjoy!